Nov 6, 2009

Plurabelle Book stars in the very first Bahamas Shakespeare Festival

“Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the High Court of Chancery” as the Book of Magic, Craig Pinder as Prospero, Dana Ferguson as Ariel in The Tempest performed at The Dundas Centre, Nassau Bahamas, October 2009.

Our Bahamian Actor friend, Craig was very excited to be involved with ‘Shakespeare in Paradise’, the first ever Bahamas Shakespeare festival, playing Prospero and co-directing The Tempest (with an African/Caribbean flavour). When I heard that the Book of Magic was being made out of cardboard I decided that Plurabelle could help out with a little magic of its own. Looking around our book-filled barn, I spotted a stack of old leather law books, which have been hanging around for a few years sadly unwanted. I selected a nice leather-bound copy dating from 1764 and sent it off to Nassau along with a single volume of Complete Works of Swift and a few other odds and ends. The whole cast was delighted with the added authenticity and it was remarked that there was something very special about old books in the New World!

“Knowing I loved my books, he furnished me
From mine own library with volumes that
I prize above my dukedom.”
- Prospero

ringplay.org/wordpress/

www.plurabelle.co.uk